I was just wondering what everyone is reading this summer? I have an unofficial/now official list that I’m working on. And I’m sure a couple of things will be added to it by the end of August. (Sorry for the lack of links–I’m writing this from my phone!)
1. 4/7 of The Chronicles of Narnia series. I’m halfway through Caspian and I can’t believe I’ve never read these before now.
2. The Emotionally Healthy Church by Peter Scazzero. In pursuit of wholeness.
3. The Great Omission. Dallas Willard’s apologetic for discipleship. Sarah and I are reading this together.
4. One The Verge. I’m interested in the apostolic community conversation and this book by Alan Hirsch and Dave Ferguson looks to expand on things nicely.
5. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. It’s about President Lincoln’s cabinet and the leadership he exerted to bring them together and function well.
6. Homerun by Kevin Meyers and John Maxwell. Our Executive Team is reading through this leadership book about living a life filled with wins.
Well, there’s mine. What’s yours?