So, after Sarah told me last night that most everyone begins their blog like I did (everyone except her, that is), I decided that I might describe some of the things I’m thinking about. Here goes:
1) The seeking heart. No one told me that a life lived for Jesus was so difficult. And I’m not even talking about persecution, living in a third world country, or enduring a life-threatening disease. None of those things affect me directly. Then kind of hardship I’m talking about is the day-in and day-out decisions that affect the future–especially eternity. And in that, making sense of all the other things that are apart of life (like persecution, living in a third world country–you get the picture).
2) The End Times. I’m not an eschatology buff. Some people are, and that’s okay. I feel a divine calling to be informed about what the Bible says will happen at the end of the age. Jesus is coming, and I want myself and others to be prepared. Or at least informed.
3) Holiness. Mostly used as a word that people use synonomously with “scrooge”, “killjoy”, or even “boring”. I want to look at it not so much as what we as believers can’t do, but what we are allowed to do. Huge implications follow.
4) Books. A favorite subject of mine. Maybe I’ll give some reviews, or even a “best of” list. Exciting stuff here, folks.
5) Christian culture. For this topic, I’ll especially be writing as a student and not a professional. It will probably be mostly observations.
6) Prayer. I saved the best for last. I actually don’t even want to get into it now because I don’t think I’d stop.
So, until then.